Friday, June 4, 2010

Doin' Doughnuts


So today, this, the first friday in June, is National Doughnut Day here in America. Sounds like a silly, sugar-filled excuse to eat deep-fried dough coated in melted deliciousness, but really, it started in 1938 as a fundraiser for the Chicago Salvation Army! This is a holiday I can get behind. :) Trust me, I headed to my local Krispy Kreme store to get my free doughnut, a delicious lemon cream filled one. Mmmm. I also 'had' to pick up a couple glazed for the road. I think I'm one of the weird folk that doesn't like them very much when they're hot from the fryer- I actually prefer them cold, like almost frozen. :-D I decided that in honor of National Doughnut Day, I would do Krispy Kreme nails, since they're super delicious. :-P (even though the best doughnuts come from back home in Michigan at H&H Bakery, where I worked and went to all the time when I was younger).



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with Nubar Forest applied with Konad Plate m79. For the iconic red K's, I used a mixture of American Apparel Downtown L.A. and A Beautiful Life Poison. Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Ok, time for sugar coma. (because yeah, I ate that doughnut I'm holding in the picture, and the lemon one right before it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com