Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's the Mod-der?


Obviously, since I write this blog, I tend to write about and paint things that I love. Today is no exception, the design in today's post was based off the background fabric in a picture I can across on a nail art site that I can't find again... if it was yours, tell me, so I can credit you. Anyway, the fabric had a really mod, retro feel, which I absolutely adore, and when I saw it, I knew that I had to do a nail art version! I don't know what it is about this design that I love so much! Plus- it was EASY! The only tool required was a dotting tool! :) Would y'all like a tutorial of this?


I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the flower shapes, then for the colored centers, I used Essie Foot Loose, Sally Hanson Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 06 Sun Kissed, Pure Ice Wild Thing, Zoya Yummy, and American Apparel Manila. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

And, as an added bonus- look at my new pet!! :)  (I found him when I got home from work!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com