Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a Bunch of Nerds!


They're sour, they're sweet, they might break your teeth. Who hasn't loved Nerds at one point in their life (youth or otherwise)? I LOVE some Nerds, every flavor is delicious, from Watermelon to Wild Cherry, Lemonade, Grape, Strawberry, I'll take them all!! I remember opening both sides of the box and pouring them into my mouth when I was a kid... SO yummy. Today's nail design is dedicated my favorite nickname for people, and the candy that I love and my teeth hates...NERDS!


I used

Thumb: Nerds logo

OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, then mixed with China Glaze Flyin' High for the background swoops. For the logo, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud outlined in China Glaze Flyin' High, then outlined in American Apparel Hassid, then outlined in Pure Ice Wild Thing.

Index: Grape/Strawberry

Color Club Yachty, Yachty, Yadda as a base, with Sally Hansen Vavoom Violet Creme sponged on top for the 'Strawberry' side. For the grape side, I used a mixture of Orly Snowcone and Barielle Grape Escape to make the shade of purple I wanted. I also used that combination to make the Nerd character, highlighted with American Apparel Esprit, outlined in American Apparel Hassid, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes.

Middle: Apple Coated Watermelon/Lemonade coated Wild Cherry

China Glaze Happy Go-Lucky as a base, with Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails for the left side. I used American Apparel Summer Peach as a base for the Nerd character with Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails over it, outlined in American Apparel Hassid, with Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes.

Ring: Wildberry/Watermelon & Punch

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Spring Green as a base, with a mixture of Barielle Grape Escape and Orly Snowcone for the wildberry side. For the Nerds character, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Spring Green, highlighted with a mixture of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Spring Green and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud, which I also used for the eyes, then I used American Apparel Hassid to outline.

Pinky: Watermelon/Wild Cherry

Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails as a base, with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Spring Green for the left side. For the Nerds character, I used a base of American Apparel Summer Peach with Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails over it and American Apparel Hassid to outline, and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the eyes.

I topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat to make everything candy-coated. :-D

YUM.

You bunch of Nerds. ;) (which is a compliment to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com