Sunday, May 9, 2010

With Yellow Feathers in Her Hair


Ok, so let me start off by saying that I know that the Copacabana in the song and on my nails are two completely different Copacabanas.... but I was requested by reader Joanna from Brazil to do the famous Copacabana sidewalk, and then I thought, HEY, I'm going to see Barry Manilow tonight... why not, so I combined the two. :-D Before you all judge me for going to Barry Manilow, it was great. Like really great. Did you know that he wrote the jingle for Band-Aids and State Farm?! I had no idea. (I learned something tonight!!) I got the tickets free too, which made the concert even more awesome! For today's nails, I took a lyric from the song 'Copacabana', 'with yellow feathers in her hair', and combined it with the sidewalk pattern at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. :)



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the black design, as well as mixed with China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Color Club Volt of Light to make brown for the hair, since I didn't have any brown polish with me. I used American Apparel Cotton again applied with Konad Plate m77 with a mix of China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Color Club Volt of Light on top to make the feathers yellow. :) Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat to make it super shiny, like Manilow's lapels.

Oh Margy, You came and you brought me a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com