Monday, September 6, 2010

Are You Looking At My Ass?!


Today, the decision to get the hell outta dodge was made, so Chris, the hound and I headed up to Red Rock Canyon and did some walkin' around, some hiking, and some burro-touching. (Doesn't that sound like a extremely perverse sex act?) We went to a few different areas up at Red Rock, we saw a Gray Fox, some chipmunks, a Jackrabbit (I think it was a Jackrabbit- it was a rabbit of some sort- picture is below), and some WILD BURROS!! (which I got to pet!!! <---They LOVE having between their ears scratched!!) The burros were walking across the road, and apparently they're friendly, so people often stop and the burros walk up to you. Two of them let me pet them, but the baby burro just wanted me to give it food, it was NOT about the petting. Fun thing we learned today is that Homer, the hound, is part mountain goat, he was jumping up rocks, etc. that even the two of us HUMANS were having issues with- and mind you, Homer is a 15 pound ham of a dog. (pic later) Today's manicure is in honor of my staycation today. :) The thumb is the rocks that had stripes of different color in the stone, the index finger is the cactus that stuck prickers in my jeans that later attached their barbs in my LEG (oooouuuuucccch!), the middle finger is one of the burros I pet, and the ring and pinky finger are another part of red rock canyon! :)


I used OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base for all nails. For the red rock themed nails, I used OPI Ginger Bells for the rocks, with American Apparel Palm Springs to highlight, and mixed with Barielle Unraveled Rust to shade. For the cactus, I used Pure Ice Wild Thing as a base for the cactus, and then a mixture of OPI Green-wich Village and OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow in different quantities to make the different shades of green on the cactus, and for the cactus pears, I used Color Club Ms. Socialite, and for the cactus spines, I used OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow. For the burro, I used MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious for the majority of the burro, for the muzzle, ears, and around the eye area, I used American Apparel California Trooper, which I also mixed with MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious to highlight the coat of the burro, and American Apparel Hassid to shade and for the eye and nose. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Some pictures from today...


Burros!!!
Gray Fox
The Jackrabbit (?)
Me and the hound.
Me and the hound again- about a mile into a hike and sweaty. :-D
Red Rock
Stripey rocks at Red Rock
Red Rocks
Yup, that's me, and I'm petting a WILD BURRO!!

(Now THAT'S a nice ass.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com