Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget.


I don't often go all serious here on my blog, but there are occasions where even the silliest of bloggers and people need to take a moment from the laughter, and observe a moment of silence. There are times in our lives where we know exactly where we were, and exactly what we were doing at a single moment. Sometimes these moments are happy moments, others leave you sad. September 11, 2001 was one of those latter moments, and will be a scar on the memories and hearts of the citizens of our country for as long as we live. I personally didn't know anyone that died on that fateful day, but it still stays with me year after year. It's hard to believe it's been 9 years. I was a junior in college, sitting in my video editing class when we got the news. We were stunned, thought that it was a joke, that nothing could possibly happen to the superpower that is the USA. Sadly, it was true, and the world lost 2,977 innocent people that day during the attack on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, on United Flight 93, and their aftermath. We lost friends, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, loved ones, and, to an extent, a sense of security. I know that this is just a 'nail blog', but today's design is dedicated to those lost and injured, the firemen, policemen, and everyone else who helped on this sad day in our nation's history...you are NOT forgotten.


I used Essie Bone Chilling White as a base, with Nubar Sexy Red for the red stripes, ALDO Sea You in Ibiza for the blue, and Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the stars. For the 9/ and the twin towers, I used American Apparel Hassid. I topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com