Saturday, September 4, 2010

On Fire-fly!


As the proverbial last weekend of summer is upon us (yes, I'm aware we technically have a few more weeks of summer), what better for today's manicure than a summery design? When I think of my summers as a kid in Michigan, I remember nights where fireflies filled the night sky, dancing here and there with their glowing butts. Fun (albeit cruel) fact, you can smear the butts on your skin and it remains glowing. (I learned this as a kid) Today's manicure was inspired by the bugs that light up our summers, fireflies!! :) Thank you to Chris for this idea!! :) (I was braindead today)



I used OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base, with Orly Snowcone to shade, China Glaze Millennium for the mason jar lid, then mixed with American Apparel Hassid to make the rings on the lid. I also used American Apparel Hassid for the firefly bodies, with Hot Topic Glow-in-the-Dark for the butts, and Essie Bone Chilling White for the wings, as well as the jar highlight. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Ok, back to the Little House on the Prairie marathon. I'm officially sucked in, and there's no stopping now. Enjoy your labor day weekend!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com