Monday, December 14, 2009

OH, TANNENBAUM!!


Day 62

Hey all! Today marks the start of Christmas themed nails.... from now until Christmas!!! Today's going to start it off with a bang, pow, FLASH! too!! :) (It pays to work with super awesome engineers) My coworker, Ben, came up with the idea to use LEDs on my nails, and actually rigged a set of LEDs to run off a battery pack for me to use!!! How awesome is that?!?!?! I decided to use them as the stars on the tops of my Christmas trees. Hope you like them as much as I do! (They make me chuckle everytime I look down and see *flash* *flash* *flash*) One another note, I also used nail gems as 'ornaments' for the trees, man, do I NOT like having stuff glued to my nails. I don't like the bumpy feeling, and how they catch on everything. ARGH! Won't be doing jewels again. The bandaids are just to hold and cover the wires.... Anyway...

The nails:



The video:


I used China Glaze Ruby Pumps as a base (a PERFECT sparkly Christmas color!!), and BB Couture Poison Ivy for the trees. FOr the tinsel & garland, I used Zoya Trixie, my favorite favorite favorite silver ever. Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat, one before the nail gems, and one after.

Only 11 more days til Christmas!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com