Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Outside the Lines


Day 57

Hi all!! Today I was feeling a tad colorful, so I thought I'd take my friend Erik's (of Vegas Made Me Do It fame) suggestion, and do crayons!! We never ever get too old for crayons, hell, I'm 28, and have the 64-pk with built-in sharpener in my desk drawer. (You HAVE to have the sharpener) Plus, one of the best time killer websites that I like to haunt is the Crayola site. :-) you can even test out their 'glitter' crayons on the online coloring pages!! :-P I'm SUCH a dork. I know. I discovered the fun side of their site back when I lived in Michigan, I used to work for a children's educational software publisher.



I used Zoya Pippa as a base, with Zoya Midori mixed with Nubar Forest for the green Crayola box stripes in the background.



Left thumb:

Used: China Glaze Salsa for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Left Index:

Used: Kleancolor Neon Purple for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Left Middle:

Used: Zoya Yummy for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Left Ring:

Used: Kleancolor Barbie Pink for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.


Left Pinky:

Used: Nubar Milk Chocolate Creme for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.



Right Thumb:

Used: China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Right Index:

Used: Ultra Pro in Blue Blaze for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Right Middle:

Used: Zoya Paz for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.


Right Ring:

Used: China Glaze Peri-wink-le for the crayon, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper wrapper and highlights, and mixed with China Glaze Liquid Leather for the shadows, and then China Glaze Liquid Leather for the signature black Crayola stripes.

Right Pinky:

Used: China Glaze Liquid Leather for the crayon and Crayola stripes, mixed with China Glaze White on White for the paper and highlights.

Topped everything off with two coats of Seche Vite top coat, because it's the shiz.



And finally, my first attempt at screening a 2-color design, can't get the bastard to line up, but its not terrible. A skully santa!! The art was adapted from an embroidery pattern I purchased on Urban Threads, which I check daily, since they have the most badass embroidery designs, for both hand and machine embroidery- skulls, robots, zombies, pirates, basically everything cool in life, they have adapted into embroidery form. Right now they're having a sale!!! so I bought this skully pattern, and I think I'm going to buy the reindeer skully, and then they have this awesome lace snowflake pattern, but hidden in the snowflake is a skull, wicked! Ok, enough crafting nerdiness for today. :) (I'm sure there will be more tomorrow or the next day)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com