Sunday, November 21, 2010

Costumed Coral


Today's nail art started out being a possible holiday nail art idea, but ended up being something totally different. I liked it after I added the gold, but felt like it needed more, so I mentally scanned my nail polish collection to find a polish that would compliment both colors, and I came upon my Lotus Herbals Orange Alert, which was a gift from Chris when he came back from India, and happens to be one of my favorite polishes (and most rationed) in my entire collection. I can't get a proper picture of it, but it is the precise color of papaya flesh- that coral/orange/red combination, and I adore it. After adding the Orange Alert, it took on a look of coral and gold costume jewelry, not the original holiday look I was intending to make when I started! I actually like it better this way I think!!



I used American Apparel Berry as a base, with China Glaze 2030 from Khrome Collection and Lotus Herbals Orange Alert for the dots. Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Anyone else getting excited for Thanksgiving?!!?!??! I'm sooooo hungry! I want to brine my turkey this year (I've never tried it before), anyone have any good brining recipes or tips?

Also- lots of people have mentioned they loved the Harry Potter shirts- email me HERE if you want one! :)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com