Thursday, November 11, 2010

Written in Ink


Tonight was an interesting night, I went with my friend (and new co-worker) Stephanie to a book signing for Kat Von D's new book. It was insane how many people showed up- they were wrapped around the outside of the building!! Luckily, Steph and I went early this morning and got our wristbands, and they were color-coded, so we got to cut the line to the end of our bracelet's color line. Fun fact that I learned tonight- Red Bull tastes great with mint gum (especially when the red bull is free), I also learned that I get super talkative with red bull in my system. lol Another fun part of the night (besides the free sample-sized Kat Von D eyeshadow primers) was that 2 other members of the LA Ink crew were there too!! Dan, who is delightfully adorable, and Rooftop! :-D All three signed the book, and I got a hug from Kat, and she was super nice and even complimented me on my jacket! :) (Did you know she is super tall?!) Anyway, in honor of the occasion, I did Kat Von D nails, I originally drew them in Sharpie, but as soon as topcoat hit them, they faded to almost nothing, so I had to go over them again in polish.

On the thumb is part of her lipstick 'Hollywood' tattoo, on the ring finger is her famous star eye area tattoos, and on the pinky is the LA Ink logo. The middle and index finger are just generic tattoos. Stupid OPI topcoat smeared the crap out of them. :(


I used MAC In the Buff as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the black, and Nubar Sexy Red for the red. Topped it off with a coat of OPI Speed Dry, because I'm out of usable Seche Vite.

The pic of me and the crew (I swear I'm looking at the camera, but the glare makes both Kat and my eyes look weird):


The book I got signed for Krystal: (aka Keysgoround)



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com