Wednesday, November 3, 2010

POP Art?


Get it? POP art? Because it's POPCORN? muahahaha, I know, bad pun...a bit...CORNY?! LOL!!!

Everyone knows that you can't go to the movies without getting popcorn, I'm pretty sure it's one of the 10 commandments - Thou shalt not watch movies empty-handed. Maybe it's number 11? Anyway, I love the stuff, and honestly, some of my favorite memories as a kid involve helping my dad make popcorn (not the microwave kind - the yummy pan-popped in cooking oil kind) MMMmmm with real butter and just a touch of salt. Amazing. We'd split up the batch, and my mom, dad, sister and I would munch away. Man, my mouth is seriously watering, I haven't had that kind of popcorn in years!!

Anyway, today's nails are inspired by that crunchy, fiber-filled treat that we all know and love, popcorn!


I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud for the popcorn bucket/bag/box, then mixed with American Apparel Mount Royal to shade near the top, and Nubar Sexy Red to draw the lines, and for the word POPCORN, which for some reason, is often separated. For the popcorn, I used American Apparel California Trooper, highlighted with American Apparel Cotton, and shaded MAC Brown Bag. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Check out this SUPER Yummy Popcorn recipe!! (remember this one from movie night, Yaki?)

Cajun Corn
Yield: 2 1/2 quarts

Ingredients:

2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper

Directions:

Pour butter over warm popcorn.
Combine remaining seasonings and sprinkle over popcorn; toss to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com