Monday, November 22, 2010

Stop Being So Controlling!


A while back, reader Dave R. suggested that I do an old school Nintendo controller, and what could I say? It was a bad ass idea, so I had to do it!! I'm not too proud to admit that I'm still a proud owner of an original NES in working order, with controllers, games, Duck Hunt gun, AND NES Advantage joystick. Yeah, I said it. (I even still play it!! I will SO kick anyone's ass in Dr. Mario :-P) Today's nails make me wanna play, and how freakin' rad would it be to hold the controller with THESE nails?! :-P I'm such a dork.


I used American Apparel Hassid as a base, with a mixture of Orly Mirror, Mirror and American Apparel California Trooper for the light grey plastic, essence Pointbreak for the darker grey, a mixture of Nubar Sexy Red and CND Electric Orange for the red buttons, shaded with that mixture and American Apparel Hassid, highlighted with that mixture and American Apparel Cotton. I also used a dab of American Apparel Cotton on the 'edge' of the button for a reflection. Topped off the matte parts with Essie Matte About You and the shiny parts with Seche Vite top coat.

Who wants to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com