Monday, November 1, 2010

Dia de los Manicure


So I'm back. Version 2.0. The redesign isn't done yet, but the nail designs are here! :) Like I said before, it won't be every single day (I need a life, too!), but I'll try! :)

Today's manicure was in celebration of Dia de los Muertos, the Mexican celebration also known as the 'Day of the Dead'. Some of the most incredible art is made for this celebration and because of this celebration, and I LOVE this style of art. I based this nail art on an embroidery pattern that I bought from Urban Threads, which is the most amazing site for awesome and nerdy embroidery patterns. The design I used is a skeleton mariachi band! :) Hope you like it as much as I do!


I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel Hassid to outline the skulls, and American Apparel California Trooper to shade. For the background colors, I used Zoya Jancyn on the index finger, Zoya Robyn for the middle finger, and Nubar Sexy Red for the ring finger. For the pinky and thumb, I used American Apparel Hassid for the background, with Nubar Sexy Red for the roses, American Apparel Manila for the trumpet on the pinky, with Zoya Jancyn to shade inside the bell of it. For the guitar, I used American Apparel California Trooper as a base, with MAC Brown Bag over it. I also used MAC Brown Bag for the sombreros. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Welcome back! ;)

Oh! And Happy Belated Halloween!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com