Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What is true beauty??

I wanted to dedicate this post to one of my favorite verses - 1 Samuel 16:7.

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

I also really like it in "The Message" version: (above was the New American Standard)

But God told Samuel, "Looks aren't everything. Don't be impressed with his looks and stature. I've already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart." 

Too  many girls my age are falling in to the trap of lies about being pretty and beautiful on the outside. Especially with my nail blog and youtube and kinda seems like that's what I stand for, but that's exactly opposite. Sure, I do want to look pretty on the outside, I think we all do, but that's not my main focus. Painting your nails is something to make you look more pretty on the outside but it means absolutely nothing if what's on the inside is nasty and ugly.

I think sometimes we all can get sucked in to the devils lies that tell us we are ugly on the outside and so we start primping more on the outside, and we lose sight that it's what's on the inside that counts. I know that in this day and age looking beautiful on the inside is not something that's taken seriously and people are more worried about their physical appearance. Here's a video I saw on one of my friends blog that I got permission to post on my blog. I watched this video like 14 times (hehe) because I love the message it conveys! Too many girls are doing all these things to make them look like the people in magazines and TV and all media. Here's a video though showing you what they do to the models in those magazines and on TV and in the movies.




Even after putting about 5 pounds of makeup on, they photoshopped her and made her neck slimmer and taller, made her eyes brighter and bigger, made her lips more plump, made her nose smaller and her hair bigger...

I love what it says at the end 'No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted.' It's very true. Hardly anyone can look that great without doing something to themselves to make them look better. She was a totally different women when they were done with her! I wouldn't even call her the same person. (Btw, I think she was very pretty before they did all that to her.)

We are all so focused on being beautiful on the outside that we totally forget and we don't see how ugly we are on the inside. I must admit, I sometimes get caught up in the worlds lies of being only beautiful on the outside... it's pretty easy to do.

I know it probably seems to a lot of people who don't really know who I am or what I stand for or anything, they just know I make nail art tutorials, that all I worry about is being beautiful on the outside. Just always remember that being beautiful on the outside means absolutely nothing if your not beautiful on the inside. (:

I'm a teenager, and I know how hard it is to do that - to stay true and be beautiful on the inside when the world is telling you to do drugs and alcohol and to be fake. How 1 Samuel 16:7 puts it - man looks on the outside. We judge people by how they look. Our natural instinct is to think that people who look not "normal" and how everyone else looks, we automatically opt them out and think they're weird. But God doesn't see what we look like on the outside. He doesn't opt out people who look weird. (As a matter of fact, He doesn't opt out anybody.) But He looks on the inside. That's why we need to be beautiful on the inside. If that's the part God (who is King of all kings, Lord of all lords, creator and maker of everything) sees in us, then we want that to be the best part of us, right? After all, He is the one who is going to judge us on judgment day. If we choose Him to be in our hearts and decide to be beautiful on the inside, then we will go to heaven to live with God.

One of my friend's (who I got the video from) has a modesty blog that talks a lot about being beautiful on the inside, and she does also talk about being beautiful on the outside, too. It's a really great blog and it really encourages me to remember that inside beauty is much more important than outside beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com