Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ain't Gnome Other Man But You


Howdy!! Today is my last day of being 28- woo!! :-D Tomorrow I bake my cake (which is going to rock), and relax all day- thinking of going to a matinee or something. :-) Anyway- today, on the suggestion of my friend Chris, I did garden gnomes. I had them on my list but kept ignoring them. lol They didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but I ran out of time to redo them, I had my bowling league tonight (nerd, I know, but I bowled my best game ever - 167 without handicap- not amazing, but I was happy- I only failed to knock down 2 pins in the entire game!!). Anyway, I hope you like them regardless, I think they're cute, but as Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) says in Clueless, they're kinda like a Monet, From far away, it's OK, but up close, it's a big old mess. :-P



I used OPI What's With the Cattitude? as a base with American Apparel Hunter for background grass, then Sally Hansen All the White Stuff as a base for the gnome. For the gnomes' clothing, I used CND Anchor Blue for the blue, American Apparel Manila for the yellow, CND Electric Orange for the orange, and China Glaze Salsa for the red. For the belts and outlines, I used American Apparel Hassid, for the belt buckles, I used China Glaze 2030 from Khrome Collection, and for the faces, I used MAC Abalone Shell. For the rest of the grass, I used CND Green Scene for the middle ground grass, and OPI Who the Shrek Are You? for the highlighted grass. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat so those little buggers couldn't go roamin' the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com