Thursday, June 3, 2010

That Hat

So for my birthday this year, I used some of the money gifted me to buy a hat, yes, a hat. I am a lover of all things chapeau. I have a particular fondness for fedoras and stylized fedoras. I also recently acquired a newsboy cap that I wear far too often. Anyway. Today's nails are to match my newest acquisition in the land of hats....

That hat:



The nails:



The comparison:



I used American Apparel Office as a base color, to match the hat, and then painted a thin line of American Apparel Cotton along the tip edge of the nail, and a moon at the cuticle edge. For the lines, I used American Apparel Hassid, I wish they were more even, but my brush kept splaying out its bristles, I think its time for a new one. I topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

A picture of my birthday cake. (the Fire cake! :-P I first came up with the idea and made this when I was 16. :)) I love fire, and I think that this cake looks like fire when you cut into it, sometimes they turn out better than others, and this was a fair/medium example. Turns out, if you don't make something for 13 years, you fall out of practice. ;)



Also, a picture of the lovely flowers my parents sent me! :)


one of the mums:


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com