Monday, June 14, 2010

Bowled Over


Ok, so I had bowling league tonight, and I SUCKED. SUCKED. On the bright side, my handicap is going to be awesome next week, and truth be told, I had a blast tonight. My team played one of the other teams from the company I used to work at, and there was tons of shit-talking and goofing off. Plus, I got carded, like SERIOUSLY carded, the bartender even asked for information that is on my ID to confirm. The bad thing was that my highest game tonight (by far) was a 102, sad. SO SAD. :-P

I also got to sit at the car dealership today while my car got checked out, I took it in for a recall a few weeks ago, and recently I've been getting a check engine light (my car isn't even 3 years old), so I took it in, and sure enough, it was something they worked on, and now I have to get a new gas tank, luckily, it's free. Today felt like a semi-busy day, I did some cleaning & purging around the house, then the dealership, did some crocheting (yes, I'm a nerd, but at least I'm crocheting something with skulls, so it's OK), did my nails, then I went to bowling, and now I'm writing this, and honestly, even though it is only about 10 pm, I might just go to bed once this post goes up. :-P

For today's nails, I did bowling pin nails, I did the design around the neck of the pins that they have at the bowling alley I go to. Apparently it is a Brunswick pin design. Sorry for the nubbiness of the nails, but after yesterday's design, I had to cut the 'fang-ernails', as reader Pipp called them (I seriously LOLed when I read that- GENIUS, :-P), because they were filed to such a point. (which was driving me crazy- the things I do for this blog!!! lol)

The inspiration:


The nails:


I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud as a base, with China Glaze Salsa for the red pointed design. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat, which smeared a tiny bit of the red on a few nails, argh!!

Also, since I got a few people asking me to post my eyes more often; today's eye makeup, I used MAC Chartru paint as a base, with Sharp over it, Tempting in the crease, and Dark Edge on the outer corners (all three from the Tempting Quad Palette), and then I used Ostentatious fluidline for the liner:


AAAAAAND: the thing I'm crocheting: a Skull scarf, I got the skull part of the pattern from a post on the Skull-A-Day website, and the pattern was created by Abby, and can be found HERE. Mine isn't perfect (far from it), I miscounted, and didn't feel like starting over, so I fixed it the best I could, plus I'm making mine into a scarf instead of a square like hers. I'll post it when I'm completely done, too. Just noticed that in the picture, the corners are wonky, but they're just curled or folded under/over. Not bad for being the third pattern I've ever followed, and the first time ever doing filet crochet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com