Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A True M*A*S*H Up


Being around for daytime TV lately has brought a few shows from my past back for me. Did you know that they show reruns of Little House on the Prairie and M*A*S*H every afternoon? Both of those are shows that I loved when I was a kid, and the first notes of 'Suicide is Painless' bring back a tide of old memories every time I hear it. I loved the banter and insults between Hawkeye and Major Burns, not to mention 'Hot Lips' Houlihan, Radar, Klinger and all the other great characters on the show. I remember always wanting to try Grape Nehi because that's what Radar always drank at the bar. Today's nails were inspired by those funny surgeons and nurses from the 4077th, on a TV show long ago. :-)


I used Sally Hansen Trendy Creme as a base, with American Apparel Cotton for the white background of the medical cross. For the cross, I used A Beautiful Life Poison, and for the numbers, I used American Apparel Manila. Topped everything off with a coat of Essie Matte About You to give it that old worn drab look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com