Sunday, June 6, 2010

Vosges Visage

I've made it no secret…I LOVE chocolate. Love. IT. I like it dark, milk, white (which isn't really chocolate), filled with caramel, with nougat, with nuts, with peanut butter, BACON?!?!?!, even with coconut, which I hate in any other situation. Anyway, to the point, I get a catalog from a lovely chocolatier called Vosges from time to time, and besides the fact that their chocolate is amazing (seriously, try Mo's Bacon Bar in Milk Chocolate, it will change your life), the art on the Easter catalog was awesome, and I've kept that catalog for months in anticipation that I would do nail art based on the cover illustration one day…and today is that day… :-P

The inspiration



The nails



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with MAC Showy for the line work, Orly Pink Chocolate (perfect right?!) for the pink, American Apparel Palm springs as the peach color on the index finger, OPI Who the Shrek Are You? for the lighter green color seen on the thumb and cuticle edge of the middle finger, and Nubar Green Tea for the leaves on the middle finger. I topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat to give it a tempered chocolate-like sheen and strength. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com